[mythtvnz] mythtv 0.25 jitter/judder

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 00:38:49 BST 2012

Hi

On 12 June 2012 06:36, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> You are advised to read the release notes before using any mythtv
> version.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#Video_Playback
> Smooth sync was implemented over 5 commits.

you do realise that this change was in regards to time stretch and has
nothing to do with normal playback

> Myth 0.25 has the worst sensitivity to frame rate/refresh rate mismatch
> of any media player I have used.

The only way to get perfect playback of 24Hz content , is to use a
24Hz display. There's no way around it.
If you use anything else, you'll get judder and will require to drop
video frames every once in a while

> I have no problem modifying/compiling from source..
> The patch file format is a means to document/disseminate.
> I was apologising pre-emptively for not providing one.

i'm not sure what you're on about, but you don't make much sense.