[mythtvnz] EPG update problems

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jun 13 02:46:23 BST 2012

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:16:45 +1200, you wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:57:26 +1200, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Error code 2 is "No such file or directory" from
>> /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h
>>
>> So, you are missing the file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
>>
>> Just copy it from the directory that .mythtv directory of the user
>> that you used to run mythfilldatabase as.
>>

>> Cheer,
>> PK

>One more question.
>I see why the automated mythfilldatabase process differs from the manually
>initiated one.
>The manual one's path for Freeview.xmltv is
>/home/myth/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
>The one initiated by the BE path is /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
>
>So my question is: will the system be ok with the different path (
>/home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv.)
>I don't need to change anything else?
>I've checked the manual mythfilldatabase still works as before.Waiting for
>the BE to do it on it's own at the next scheduled period.
>
>Cheers
>
>Paul

For fewer complications, you might like to make sure all the real
config files are under /home/mythtv/.mythtv, then delete your
/home/myth/.mythtv directory and re-create it as a link to
/home/myth/.mythtv.  Make sure the permissions on the files in
/home/mythtv/.mythtv will work with the myth user also.