[mythtvnz] Just how cheap could you build a system? Possibly OT.

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 6 09:24:18 BST 2012

On 06/06/12 17:46, DB wrote:
> You can't beat the price of a Tivo at $222 from bond & bond. I have 2 of
> them and a MYTH box. I use the Tivo all the time, don't use the Myth box
> much anymore.

Yes, from exhaustive (well an hour or so) research it seems Tivo is a
good option. If they would only do an "over-the-air" EPG I would say it
was a no-brainer. Still seems it might not be so bad if the Tivo manual
recording UI looks similar to the VCR UI, i.e., run it without an
internet connection.