[mythtvnz] what codecs are supported by mythfrontend?

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Wed Jun 6 01:36:02 BST 2012

Hi there

I'm calling a User-job converter script to convert my HD recordings into
a MPEG-2 format (don't ask) and re-inject them into the recordings
database via some code I poached from  x264_transcode_high.pl

Anyway, it mostly worked: I got out a MPEG-2 file that plays fine under
xine, and I have two "versions" of the recording show up in mythfrontend
(that's what I wanted). But when I go to view it under mythfrontend, I
get "Couldn't find an A/V decoder for..." on both the frontend and the
backend. The backend error is caused by mythpreviewgen not being able to
create a preview image, and mythfrontend creates the frontend error

I'm using ffmpeg to create the file, so I'm guessing the codec
combination is not supported by core myth libraries? But they are
mp3lame and mpeg2video - I wouldn't think you could choose more generic.
Can someone take a look and tell me what's at fault?

ffmpeg -y -i original.mpg -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ac 2 -ab 160k
-async 1 -copyts -vcodec mpeg2video -b:v 7500000 -threads 2 -deinterlace
output.mpg

Thanks

Jason