[mythtvnz] Default Passwords

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 1 22:54:10 BST 2012

I've noted a post that contained a my_th_tv password (obfus_cation
intended) that I'd seen before. A quick Googling confirmed this
observation. I had assumed that the passwords used by the my_th_tv
backend were randomly generated however it appears that is not the case.
It maybe that they are specified per my_th_bu_ntu version, or some other
schema? If I am correct anyone wishing any degree of security on their
my_th_tv box (which I think means those who expose it to the web) should
change the default password. Is this correct?  Can anyone expand on this?