[mythtvnz] HDHomerun and EIT/EPG/MHEG

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:55:09 BST 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Pieter De Wit <pieter at insync.za.net> wrote:
>>> Yip, that is the same version. If you manually download that .gz file,
>>> have
>>> a look to see if the channels are in there, they missing :)
>>>
>>> I might quickly re-add my tuners/everything to make 100% sure.
>>

>> I think those channels without data are only available in certain
>> areas. The person creating the data at nzepg.org may live somewhere
>> where s/he doesn't have access to those channels and therefore that
>> data.
>>
>> Do you have listing data for the main channels now?
>

> Hi Nick,
>
> I "do"... I have to run the tv_grab_nz-py script with --output and then run
> nythfilldatabase --file ....same file as above.
>
> I would have thought that the process is "automated" after putting
> tv_grab_nz into /usr/bin and selecting it in mythtv-setup...
>
> Am I missing something here ?

OK so have you set up the script?

Try the following:

tv_grab_nz-py --configure

this will create a file ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf

then this .conf file needs to be copied to ~/.mythtv/XXXX.xmltv where
XXXX is the name of the source you defined in mythtv setup. Also to be
safe copy it to ~mythtv/.mythtv/XXXX.xmltv.