[mythtvnz] WinTV Nova S - won't tune

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Tue Jul 24 09:25:44 BST 2012

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any special configuration required to get the
Hauppauge WInTv Nova S plus to work? On my machine the card is found and all the
right modules seem to be loaded but it won't tune, using mythtv or Stephen W's
dvbtune script. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the dish or cable because
a freeview receiver and the other card I have in the machine both work OK[1].

The machine is running Mythbuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.2.0-26.

Ideas?

Glenn

[1] actually the other card (TeVii s480) doesn't quite work OK, which is why I
bought the second card, but it does tune. Only one of the tuners works reliably,
the other often fails to start or tune or record. I found some references to
others having the same problem.