[mythtvnz] Sugarloaf restack of DVB-T frequencies next week

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:59:07 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:43:57 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>[snip]
>>
>>> No, the freqid is not the right value to change.  The correct value is
>>> the frequency field in dtv_multiplex.  The best way to do this change
>>> is to use the script I have posted here for the previous transmitters
>>> that have already been restacked.  Just change the freqid/newfreqid
>>> parameters at the in the script to match your site.  Here it is again
>>> as for the Wharite changes:
>>Woah!!  Surly we can use the backend settings "mythtv-setup"? Making
>>changes to the database via mysql seems like the wrong tool to me!
>>
>>cheers
>>Worik
>
> Maybe, if things have been improved since I last used the scanning
> tools (some time ago and probably in 0.23).  But my experience with
> scanning for channels is that it tends to produce new channels when
> things change, rather than updating existing ones as is required for
> the restacking.  My script just works, without causing any problems,
> and can be put on a cron job if required.

I tried your script on my test virtualbox install and it worked so  I
used on my production box and again it seemed to work.

Those who want to use the script note that the frequencies for
sugarloaf are different.

http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/projects/digital-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking/timing-and-channel-information

here are the changes I made:

set @freqid1 =    49;