[mythtvnz] Sugarloaf restack of DVB-T frequencies next week

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jul 23 03:15:38 BST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:43:57 +1200, you wrote:

>[snip]
>
>> No, the freqid is not the right value to change.  The correct value is
>> the frequency field in dtv_multiplex.  The best way to do this change
>> is to use the script I have posted here for the previous transmitters
>> that have already been restacked.  Just change the freqid/newfreqid
>> parameters at the in the script to match your site.  Here it is again
>> as for the Wharite changes:
>Woah!!  Surly we can use the backend settings "mythtv-setup"? Making
>changes to the database via mysql seems like the wrong tool to me!
>
>cheers
>Worik

Maybe, if things have been improved since I last used the scanning
tools (some time ago and probably in 0.23).  But my experience with
scanning for channels is that it tends to produce new channels when
things change, rather than updating existing ones as is required for
the restacking.  My script just works, without causing any problems,
and can be put on a cron job if required.