[mythtvnz] Odd Problem

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Wed Jul 4 10:35:49 BST 2012

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 21:02:21 Hadley Rich wrote:
> On 04/07/12 20:34, James Booth wrote:
> > I'm running 0.25+fixes. My programme guide has started only showing full
> > stops ('.') for the programme descriptions on various channels. About
> > half the channels are affected, notably TV 1,2,3, 4 and U. The actual
> > programme description comes up fine when watching Live TV, and recordings
> > still seem to be getting scheduled correctly, it's just the guide display
> > itself that has turned to custard.
> >
> > Anyone else seen this, or got any suggestions?
>
> The thing that comes to mind is over the air EIT updates or whatever
> they are called. The now/next is correct but they then provide listings
> with "." in the name/description - very annoying.
>
> Check that the upgrade didn't enable this (you can use the channel
> section of mythweb settings to do so).
>
> hads

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't appear that anything has changed in the
channel setup. I just did a restart of mythbackend, then ran mythfilldatabase,
and now everything looks clean, but my recording rules still will not work.

I have been playing with mhegepgsnoop for the last few weeks (to fill in data
for channels not coming through with tv_grab_nz.py) and it seemed to be
working fine, but wondering if maybe that could be causing an issue?