[mythtvnz] Dying OS HDD - What would others do?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 12:25:30 BST 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Option 2 I'm not sure where to start to do it this way however I expect it
> could be done, can anyone give me a starting pointer? Or should I do option
> 1?

I'd try this first. I've done this in the past several times this way:
1. Put the new disk into the system
2. Boot from a live CD
3. Partition and format the new disk
4. Mount the new and the old partitions
5. Copy everything from the old disk to the new disk - you'll need to do
this at the file level
6. Make sure the new disk is bootable. I'm using gentoo so I'm not sure
exactly what you'll need to do here but it shouldn't be hard

Cheers,