[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18 Video output resolution question

Bruce Wilson acaferacer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:20:46 GMT 2012

On 23 January 2012 16:05, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone asked if I knew that 720P has more lines than 1080i.
> No I was unaware of that. The image does look the same on both so I might
> just leave it
> I didn't actually make these settings they just were  arrived at
> automatically.

Hi,
LCD TV's don't "do" interlacing the way that a CRT TV would, so when
you supply an interlaced signal to a LCD TV it will de-interlace it
using it's internal software before outputting to the LCD. So I would
find out what the actual resolution of you TV is and configure X to
use that. This may be what you have already!

Cheers
Bruce