[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18 Video output resolution question

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:05:05 GMT 2012

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:42:24 +1300
> From: Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py set up
> To: "mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
>

>>> mythtvnz mailing list
>>> mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
>>> Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
>>
>> There's a recent thread with some infomation you might find useful,
>> including a simple bash script I wrote to pull the epg data and run
>> mythfilldatabase automagically (once you cron it).
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/494548?page=unread#unread\
>>
>> I personally couldn't get the tv_grab_nz-py script to work for me, and
>> after a few frustrating days took matters into my own hands.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/494548?page=unread#unread
>>

> Do you put the script in any particular location?
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:09:14 +1300
> From: tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz>
> Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Video output resolution question
> To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
>
> On 23/01/2012 9:30 a.m., Paulgir wrote:
>
>>> By the way, every time you post, it seems to start a new thread for me
>>> (I am using gmail). Please don't.
>>>

>> I am new to using a mailing list so I don't know why you are seeing a
>> new
>> thread each time I reply.I am replying to the Digest after editing it
>> and
>> changing
>> the subject line to the subject line of the original email - perhaps
>> this
>> is
>> not the correct procedure?
>
> Try pressing the reply button?
>
>> 	Option	"TVOutFormat"	"COMPONENT"
>
> Are you using component or HDMI?
>
>> 	Option	"TVStandard"	"HD1080p"
>
> 1080i might work better?

I changed: Option	"TVOutFormat"   "HDMI"

and:	    Option	"TVStandard"	"HD1080i"

No change.I renamed xorg.conf.Still no change.

Someone asked if I knew that 720P has more lines than 1080i.
No I was unaware of that. The image does look the same on both so I might
just leave it
I didn't actually make these settings they just were  arrived at
automatically.