[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py set up

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:04:14 GMT 2012

On 22 January 2012 10:53, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed this script as per this thread:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/491620?search_string=tv_grab_nz-py;#491620
>
> In myth backend set up >video sources>configure
> the messages indicate it is downloading the data successfully.
> The data does not appear in the schedule.
> I have also tried  tv_grab_nz-py --configure in a terminal.
> Also, I don't have a /home/myth/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf file..
>
> In normal operation,does tv_grab_nz-py run automatically?If not how
> is it normally run? Via myth backend set up?

There's a recent thread with some infomation you might find useful,
including a simple bash script I wrote to pull the epg data and run
mythfilldatabase automagically (once you cron it).

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/494548?page=unread#unread\

I personally couldn't get the tv_grab_nz-py script to work for me, and
after a few frustrating days took matters into my own hands.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/494548?page=unread#unread