[mythtvnz] Pulse-eight (Motorola Nyxboard) remote

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 06:58:22 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On 16/01/12 16:00, Nick Rout wrote:
>> Like, I suspect, some others of you, I bought this from nicegear when
>> they arrived. I finally have a reason to use it (in a house big enough
>> for two frontends for the first time since Feb). It is an HID device.
>>
>> It works well in XBMC, but in myth the keymappings are all wrong - up,
>> down, select work, as do some others. But there is no<esc>  which
>> makes it impossible to back out of menus.
>>
>> Are any of you using this for myth, if so how?
>
> I've been planning on doing the same thing myself when I have some time.
> Still using MCE remotes on the two boxes that use both Myth and XBMC
> until then.
>
> The two boxes that only use XBMC are using the Moto remotes. If I
> procrastinate another six months maybe XBMC will release with TV support
> and I can stop using Myth...

Actually mythbox (as a frontend) looks good, if they can get it to
work with storage groups/streaming.

Currently it needs locally mounted directories, which is just too much
effort after storage groups got rid of that for myth.

I wish the myth developers would release a decent storage group api so
i could say "randomplayer myth://url"

Even a fuse mount would probably do it.

</rant>