[mythtvnz] Woes and Wins

Toby Mills millst at np.co.nz
Mon Jan 16 04:17:53 GMT 2012

I decided to upgrade my 10.04 mythbuntu system to 11.10 and Myth 0.24 on
friday.
I reminded myself afterwards why stable is better than having all the
latest wizz bang features.
Anyway, so now I'm reinstalling from scratch which was easier then
untangling the mess created by failed upgrades.

To be fair, my system had been upgraded all the way from 8.04 so there was
a lot of baggage in there.

I couldn't get any of the 11 disks to boot after installation, so i ended
up reinstalling a basic 10.04.3 server system then upgrading that to 11.10
before installing myth, that worked fine.

The good news is I managed to get the DBV-T portion of my two HVR4000 cards
working under the new setup, that was driving me nuts as I previously had
no HD.

The system is slowly coming back together, but what a mission its been.

Now I have HD, I need to look at upgrading two of my frontends to be able
to run HD.
My main frontend is running a diskless Zotac Atom based board with VDPAU.
I'm happy with this.
I went to do some shopping to find that they don't seem to be making
anything like this anymore.

What can you recommend as a good frontend MiniITX that can do VDPAU?

These are frontends only.
Must be able to PXE boot.
Relatively cheap.
VDPAU or HD Capable.