[mythtvnz] Tuning in with my HVR2200

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 07:34:27 GMT 2012

On 12 February 2012 18:26, David Kirk <davidrkirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> It looks like this model doesn't have an option to turn overscan off.
>

> Thanks anyway
>
> David Kirk
>

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Jonathan Hoskin <jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I can't find that option on my TV.  Once I have MythTV setup properly then
>> it won't matter too much.
>>
>> Judging by the model code, it sounds like you have the V series. I've got
>> the 50" V series.
>>
>> Overscan on mine is in a stupid place: Menu -> Setup -> Other Settings ->
>> 16:9 Overscan.
>>

>> --
>> Jonathan

Ye Gods! No way to turn off overscan? I find that hard to believe (not
to mention disturbing) on a 'V' series. Perhaps it's called something
else? Try looking for something called 1:1 pixel mapping and turn that
"on"

Ah-ha!!!! Go here to download the manual for the 'TH-L37V30A' (The
Aussie version of your set):
http://www.panasonic.ae/EN/Pages/TH-L37V10.aspx

Go to page 23 of the manual for a schematic of the options screens.
The option you want looks to be under "Setup>Other Settings>Picture
Overscan". More information about this option setting is on page 25.

Go to it, man!