[mythtvnz] Tuning in with my HVR2200

David Kirk davidrkirk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 00:42:51 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am building a new MythTV box.  I have installed Mythbuntu 11.10.  I have
installed the drivers and even got tv_grab_nz-py working.  I can see the
guide data and all my channels are listed.

I have a couple of problems.

Firstly and most importantly, I have read in the archives that you need to
enter the frequencies somewhere, but I don't know where.  Every time I scan
for channels it doesn't find anything.  I go to view live TV and I get
Signal 0% | (_|) No Lock.  I have tested that my antenna works by plugging
it directly in to the TV.

Secondly, my desktop seems to be just a little bit bigger than my screen
can display.  I have a GeForce GT520 and it is set to 1920x1080.  The TV
shows it is outputting 1080p.  It is cutting off all 4 sides of the screen
by 1-2cm.  I can't see the panel at the top of the screen.  When I am
trying to configure MythTV I can't see the checkboxes on the left or right
sides of the screen.

I really need some help

Thanks

David Kirk