[mythtvnz] Top posting

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Dec 8 02:11:53 GMT 2012

On 8/12/2012 2:30 p.m., criggie wrote:

>                      And yes this side-posting
>                      was a PITA to lay out and I
>                      won't be doing it again.

Good. While I appreciate the trouble you went to entertain us with a
little bit of creativity it is also a PITA to read...!

I also find bottom posting a trial (also ascii text cf HTML however I
eventually worked out how to standardise that), I respect the list owner
is free to set the rules, it has a definite logic, and as much as it is
also anti many conventions, including Thunderbird's, if we did not agree
to top or bottom post then the flow of any threads argument would take
on yet another level of complexity to negotiate that would be wholly
unproductive!

Aside from a need for a logical order and clear personal preference, I'd
be interested if there are any other reasons for the bottom posting
preference?  I am aware, for example, that many lawyers will also
commonly top post.