[mythtvnz] Shuttle XS35GTv2 stuttering (was MythBox XMBC/Raspberry PI)

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Dec 8 01:30:06 GMT 2012

On 07/12/12 22:11, Hadley Rich wrote:
> Now I just need to figure out why playback of SD has gone downhill with
> dropped frames, HD is still good which is a bit backwards (running on
> ION2).

So for posterity, the XS35GTv2 is bung. Which is a pity as I've got 3 of
them.

There appears to be a bios issue which interacts with nvidia drivers >
195 and manifests itself as the GPU not being able to get to full power
(powermizer level 0 & 1 - no 2).

The affect of that is that you can't play much video without stuttering.

I rolled back to Lucid 10.04 with Nvidia 195 and was going to run Myth
0.25 and XBMC Frodo (currently in beta), unfortunately the new XBMC
AudioEngine requires ALSA 1.0.25 which Lucid doesn't support.

So unfortunately because of this annoying little bios bug it seems the
XS35GTv2 is destined to stay in history.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz