[mythtvnz] DLNA question: howto move video into recordings?

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Thu Aug 2 03:53:21 BST 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Jason Haar
<jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org> wrote:
> Thanks for that suggestion. I've given it a go and it didn't really
> improve anything, but did cause all the recordings to show up as videos
> - which meant I had just expanded my original problem ;-)
>
> So does anyone know if there is a mythtv-0.25 equivalent of
> myth.rebuilddatabase.pl so that I can make videos available as
> recordings - so that the DLNA frontend has more sort/filtering options?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason

Jason, I've been using the DLNA client on a Sony Bravia for a while
and I dont quite get your issue. Recordings show up as you suggest (by
title, date, genre etc) which is OK (not great, but certainly usable).

Videos (which mythvideo know about) show up in the folder structure I
have stored them in. I've arranged my video collection in folders by
Genre first and title second, and the DLNA client shows according to
that structure.

I guess if you just have everything in a single folder, it will be a
challenge. So maybe your simplest solution is to spend a bit of time
building a folder structure that suits you?

Of course, your Panasonic DLNA client might be different from mine, in
which case I cant help you :-)