[mythtvnz] Backend fails to start

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 00:07:19 BST 2012

On 17/04/12 18:36, Paulgir wrote:
>> BTW "You have the commands, use them." is not helpful.we are not all
>> experts.
>>
> Is it worth repeating the upgrade?.
> Obviously not everyone is having this problem
Yiu are getting a lot of confusing and confused advice.  Clearly no-one
knows what the problem is, not surprising unless it is a well known
problem it is hard to diagnose over such a low bandwidth medium.

So my advice is do redo the upgrade.

Also I have 18 years experience hacking on Linux and my strong advice is
do not be an early adopter of newly released versions unless you have a
good reason.  It is a recipe for pain!

As a non-Linux expert you have done very well to even get Myth going at
all!  It is a fragile and difficult piece of software to use at the best
of times.

cheers
Worik

--