[mythtvnz] Backend fails to start

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Apr 16 10:39:38 BST 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 19:45 +1200, Paulgir wrote:
> Since upgrading to 0.25 I have discovered that when the system boots I get
> a OSD message saying the FE
> can't connect to the BE and asking if the BE is running.
> I turn the system off each evening and it is a combined FE/BE setup.
>
> I can start the BE by going into BE setup and back out where it asks if I
> want to start the BE.
> The I start the FE and all is ok.
> The funny thing is I used to get the same message prior to upgrading but
> it didn't actually stop myth from
> working correctly.Now it does.
> I saw a post from someone experiencing the same problem but I can't find
> it again.

I used a modified upstart job from mythtv site to get 0.25 backend to
behave..
The existing 0.24 setup (on lucid 10.04) did not work for 0.25.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Upstart_mythbackend_Configuration

note the specific 0.24 & 0.25 stuff.
note the exe path needs to be changed if compiled/installed
in /usr/local/bin.

Brett