[mythtvnz] HDHomeRun and video card

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 21:51:30 BST 2012

Hi, I am about to build a media centre box for a family member, timing
is nice to put mythbuntu 12.04 / mythtv 0.25 on it.  I'm inclined to go
with a HDHomeRun for the tuner given it could be used on other machines
on the network.  It is not easy to locate an NZ source,  DigitalPride
seem to be the distributors though their website doesn't offer the
ability to buy online.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for
NZ source, either online or brick/mortar store?

Also, what is the latest recommendation on video cards?  Fanless (for
low noise), HDMI and capable in a mythtv combined front/back end are key
criteria.

Cheers,
Roger