[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 22 10:15:28 BST 2011

On 17/09/11 20:23, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> On 17/09/11 8:03 PM, "Roger Searle"<roger.searle at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> As a firmware/mythtv newbie, sorry I can't provide any clarity on how/if
>> you might get your analog going.
>>

> It has 2 tuners either both analog OR digital (but not at the same time).
> If you are not using /dev/dvb/adapterX (digital) you should be able to
> /dev/videoX for analog the same as other analog devices. In mythtv would
> you group the 2 digital tuners and 2 analog tuners each in a group so it
> will not use them both at the same time. (or it will fail)

Actually you _can_ use both analogue and digital at the same time. I
tried this today with the picture-in-picture function. Had an analogue
channel in a window on top of a digital one and vice-versa with no
problems. I didn't set up anything special in the way of groups either.
Just connected /dev/dvb/adapter0 and /dev/video1 to the antenna. Maybe
the tuner group function will let me set up 2 x digital plus 2 x
analogue tuners but have yet to try this.