[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 22 06:53:05 BST 2011

On 17/09/11 21:38, Robin Gilks wrote:

> Well I for one hope the analog works as I just bought one 2 days ago to
> use to capture the svideo output of my Sky box.
>
> When it arrives next week I'll let people know - if it doesn't work on
> that port then I guess I'll be writing drivers (busmans holiday!!)

It does indeed work for PAL with my HVR-2200 after applying the patches
here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/26212/focus=26524.
Actually I didn't use all the patches because several only relate to new
card types, not signal types. The ones I applied were for files:

saa7164-api.c
saa7164-vbi.c
saa7164-encoder.c
saa7164.h

If you only need NTSC then you might be OK without the patches.

I have only tried the tuner input so far. Haven't tried s-video input yet.

In some of the tests I did before I applied the final patch it seems
that I put the card into an unrecoverable state so that one of the
tuners would not work until after a reboot.

In myth (I'm running 0.23) you need to select the MPEG encoder card type
(not V4L2 analog) and maybe manually enter /dev/video[0|1] as the
device. I didn't try channel scanning. Just manually entered a couple of
channels for testing.

In VLC you need to choose the PVR capture card option.