[mythtvnz] 720p 30fps playback

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 20 09:53:35 BST 2011

> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:51:27 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> Anybody got smooth playback at the correct speed working for 720p 30fps
>> video in mythvideo? I get rough and double-speed playback and found this
>> in mythfrontend.log: "Video sync method can't support double framerate
>> (refresh rate too low for bob deint)". Not sure why myth is trying to
>> deinterlace progressive video anyway.
>
> What is your video card?  Some cards only support certain combinations
> of frame rate and frame size.
>
> Have you checked using MediaInfo to make sure that your file is
> actually 720p?
>
> Have a look at this page for how to set up Mythfrontend to change the
> output format to match the video it is playing:
>
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Patches_%26_Add-Ons/Entries/2010/6/7_Matching_refresh_rate_with_input_framerate_to_reduce_judder_%3B_final_part.html

Thanks for the feedback Stephen. I have an Asus EN9400GT Silent. I think
it should do 60 Hz. I found a similar (identical?) web page
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree) to the avenard one
and I did have a bit of play but no joy so far.

Pretty sure my TV (Pana Plasma) will do 60 Hz but need to check this and
then xorg config and then yada yada .... Sigh. I banged my head against
refresh rates a couple of years ago when I first set up MediaPortal on
Vista (cringe).

Certain the video is 30fps or probably 29.xx Hz NTSC. It's from my camera.

Haven't got MediaInfo but ffmpeg say 30fps.