[mythtvnz] 720p 30fps playback

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Sep 20 08:33:20 BST 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:51:27 +1200, you wrote:

>Anybody got smooth playback at the correct speed working for 720p 30fps
>video in mythvideo? I get rough and double-speed playback and found this
>in mythfrontend.log: "Video sync method can't support double framerate
>(refresh rate too low for bob deint)". Not sure why myth is trying to
>deinterlace progressive video anyway.

What is your video card?  Some cards only support certain combinations
of frame rate and frame size.

Have you checked using MediaInfo to make sure that your file is
actually 720p?

Have a look at this page for how to set up Mythfrontend to change the
output format to match the video it is playing:

http://www.avenard.org/media/Patches_%26_Add-Ons/Entries/2010/6/7_Matching_refresh_rate_with_input_framerate_to_reduce_judder_%3B_final_part.html