[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 09:03:50 BST 2011

> Hi Roger,
>
> I'm intrigued by your card setup. Do you have a 2200 or is it actually a
> 2250? Is it a full height or half height card? The reason I ask is
> because it seems you may have analogue video capture working since you
> have /dev/video and /dev/vbi devices as well as /dev/dvb devices. Also
> you're using the newer NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw firmware whereas I'm
> using older v4l-saa7164-1.0.3.fw and dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw firmware.
> But your card type is 4, the same as mine. So I'm wondering if the NXP
> firmware would work on my older card to get analogue TV working.
>
> David

Hi David, lspci reports:

Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7164 (rev 81)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV HVR-2200 (submodel 89619)

It is a half height card, and I have it in the PCIe x1 slot.

The card is doing digital capture I believe - while the /dev/video and
dev/vbi folders have been created, they are empty, I have apapter0 and
adapter1 in dev/dvb.

As a firmware/mythtv newbie, sorry I can't provide any clarity on how/if
you might get your analog going.

Cheers,
Roger