[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Sat Sep 17 02:54:52 BST 2011

instructions on
>>> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200. I don't
>>> recall doing this myself so I assume late model kernels have built-in
>>> driver support for the HVR-2200 chipset?

I wrote 1/2 the HVR-2200 page above as I got a 2200 about a 6-12 months
before the linux drivers where available :-)
It was pretty simple to get it going (when all the drivers where written
with lots of testing) (If you look at the history I'm LennonNZ)

You can probably remove the card=X from the mod load/probe after you got
the firmware (if it makes any difference)
(I think the Sample kernel output is still from my machine .. (yes it is)

You can see older instructions from getting the source code from
Kernellabs (the guy who wrote the main driver from)

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200&oldid=2276
2

I think Analogtv was "nearly" working but I haven't got my 2200 in a
working machine at the moment so I cannot test.

Thanks
Craig