[mythtvnz] Acer Revo RL100

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 00:55:42 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Kerry Baker <kerry.baker at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> I'll try to answer all your questions here:
>
> Noise:  Virtually silent!  If you listen closely you can hear the hard
> drive working.  My home theatre amp has a fan and it makes more noise than
> the Revo!
>
> Linux and Blu Ray: As far as I am aware, with Linux the disc has to be
> ripped to the hard drive, removing encryption which is a pain in the arse.
>  If it could be reliably played directly from the disc I would ditch
> Windows altogether.  To be honest I think Blu Ray could be more trouble
> than its worth.  The DRM is so onerous it practically encourages piracy.
>
> AverMedia tuner:  This is a PCI Express mini card.  It could be replaced
> but I'm not sure if any mini cards are Linux compatible.  I didn't spend a
> great deal of time trying to get it to work as I have the HDHomeRun.  If
> anyone has taken the time to get it working I'd love to know about it!
>

> Anything else you want to know?

Yes, is this ION or ION2? could you possibly run lspci -n and let us
have the model number? ie my revo (not the same device at all) gives
10de:087e.

You can run lspci on it's own and it will give a line like:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation ION LE VGA (rev b1)

Then when you run lspci -n you need to look at the line that
corresponds to the graphics card (in my case the one that starts
03:00.0, eg:

03:00.0 0300: 10de:087e (rev b1)

Thanks in advance.