[mythtvnz] Scanning DVB-S and DVB-T from scratch

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 02:31:17 BST 2011

Well you can just scan existing transponders its quite straight forward

I usually then switch to mythweb to update the xmltv,channel numbers, names
settings etc as its a nice table there..

For sky I add 100  to the channel number ie sky sport is 130, I also only
add the channels Ill record off...

There are regional channels on DVB-T and stratos at least is on DVB-S check
this link
http://www.freeviewnz.tv/tv_channels_and_listings/channels

You can also get SBS from Australia on DVB-S but there is issues with
polarity (its vertical and all nz are horizontal)

Cheers

On 7 September 2011 10:32, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> The last time I did a full scan of DVB-S was in 0.21 and for DVB-T was in
> 0.22 which means, as you can imagine, that I'm missing quite a few
> channels.
>
> I'm quite willing to invest an evening or 2 doing it all again from
> scratch but would like to know if there are any shortcuts or gotchas in
> 0.24.1.
>
> For example
>  * I use the Freeview XMLTV grabber but will that pair the channel to ID
> for me or is it still a manual process
>  * is there a recommended channel numbering (I'll want to avoid clashes
> with Sky channel numbers or maybe use the Sky rather than Freeview
> numbering)
>  * The regional channels - do they still exist (Southland, CTV, Stratos
> etc) in the DVB world?
>  * what is the status of radio - both DVB-T and DVB-S. Does it work now?
> (it was pretty useless the last time I tried).
>
> All input gratefully received :)
>
> --
> Robin Gilks

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven