[mythtvnz] Scanning DVB-S and DVB-T from scratch

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Sep 6 23:32:11 BST 2011

Greetings all

The last time I did a full scan of DVB-S was in 0.21 and for DVB-T was in
0.22 which means, as you can imagine, that I'm missing quite a few
channels.

I'm quite willing to invest an evening or 2 doing it all again from
scratch but would like to know if there are any shortcuts or gotchas in
0.24.1.

For example
 * I use the Freeview XMLTV grabber but will that pair the channel to ID
for me or is it still a manual process
 * is there a recommended channel numbering (I'll want to avoid clashes
with Sky channel numbers or maybe use the Sky rather than Freeview
numbering)
 * The regional channels - do they still exist (Southland, CTV, Stratos
etc) in the DVB world?
 * what is the status of radio - both DVB-T and DVB-S. Does it work now?
(it was pretty useless the last time I tried).

All input gratefully received :)

--
Robin Gilks