[mythtvnz] Frontend cannot connect to database...

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 05:12:51 BST 2011

I am setting up a front end and it cannot connect to the backends database.

When  I run the frontend it hangs at "New DB connection, total: 1"

The passwords, names of database, user etcetera match on the frontend
and backend.

A connection is made. the backend log reports "2011-09-03 16:09:14.911
MainServer, Warning: Unknown socket closing MythSocket(0x9990850)" when
I start and close the frontend.

I am not sure what to do next.  My memory tells me that MySQL out of the
box does not accept remote queries but I cannot remember how to check.

What is my best path forward?

cheers
Worik

--