[mythtvnz] Wiert antenna problem

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Oct 29 01:21:37 BST 2011

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:34:48 +1300, you wrote:

>On 27/10/11 20:30, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> I do not use the force_lna_activation=1 myself, as I have an aerial
>> amplifier before the splitter that feeds the aerials in that room, so
>> I have good signal without needing that option.  But there seem to be
>> lots of people who do need it.
>>
>I have thought about aerial amplifiers, but only from first principles.
>I have no knowledge of what is available.  How do I get one (I know, go
>to a shop and buy one....) and how do I tell what type I need?  How do I
>tell a good one from a bad one?
>
>Thanks for the option advice.  I am taking that as I write.
>
>cheers
>Worik

Aerial splitter amplifiers are unfortunately not the cheapest things
to get.  I have two, on for my mother's MythTV box in the sitting room
and one for mine in the bedroom.  I am using these ones:

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=LT3287&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1016#4

There are also available in a two way version.  They come with a full
set of F-connector to Belling socket converters, although I prefer to
use an F-connector cable and convert at the TV and tuner on the end of
the cable.