[mythtvnz] Wiert antenna problem

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Oct 29 01:07:13 BST 2011

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:12:48 +1300, you wrote:

>On 27/10/2011 8:30 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
>
>> options dvb_usb_dib0700 adapter_nr=0,1
>
>That's is a really helpful post thanks Stephen.  I agree when setup the
>500's run fine.
>
>What would you write if you had two cards, to lock the then four tuner
>numbers?

I did have two TD-500 cards in my mothers box for a while.  I do not
think there is a way to completely lock the tuner order in that case -
all the dvb_usb_dib0700 tuners are treated identically and due to
random things in the boot process the two cards may be initialised in
random order.  If you only have the same type of tuner, it does not
matter if they are locked as they will be mapped to matching identical
entries in the Mythbackend setup, and so will get the correct settings
there.  But if you also have, say, a DVB-S2 card to get EIT EPG data
from, then you would still need to lock the TD-500 tuners.  This would
do that and for the LNAs on:

options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1 adapter_nr=0,1,2,3

and you DVB-S2 tuner would become number 4.  In that case, I would
also lock the DVB-S2 tuner number as well, just in case.  This is what
I do with my TeVii S470 to force it to be /dev/dvb/adapter3:

options cx23885 adapter_nr=3