[mythtvnz] HVR-2200 Not finding channels...

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Oct 20 04:16:25 BST 2011

On 20/10/11 15:10, rob at webworxshop.com wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:00:04 +1300, Curtis Walker wrote:
>> Source is here:
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxTV_dvb-apps
>>
>> I don't recall using that particular utility when I set up my Arch
>> backend/frontend (perhaps it was because I tried and it didn't work).
>>
>> Curtis
>
> Probably because you didn't need it. I want to check my signal strength
> to see if my antenna tweaks are helping. I'd be interested to know if
> you can find a package for it. Searching pacman and aur turns up nothing
> for me.
>
> Rob

The HVR-2200 firmware/driver works OK for signal level but I think the
error counter is buggy. Never got sensible error count in myth or with
the external dvb app (can't remember the name). Maybe I found it on
linuxtv.org?

Error count or S/N is equally important as level. I have had good level
but poor S/N on a bad antenna. Distortion I guess.