[mythtvnz] HVR-2200 Not finding channels...

rob at webworxshop.com rob at webworxshop.com
Wed Oct 19 08:09:23 BST 2011

Hi All,

Thanks for the reponses last night, I have made some progress. I found
that I was still missing firmware for one of the chips on the HVR-2200
when I tried the 'scan' utility. Adding that firmware allows me to pick
up some channels, although what channels are picked up seems to vary
from scan to scan! I am able to pick up the TVNZ channels reliably.

My next problem is that when trying to watch TV I get less than a
second of video before the picture freezes. After about a minute the
frontend then falls back to the menu with the message "Video frame
buffering failed too many times". There doesn't appear to be anything in
the logs, but the stdout of mythfrontend shows that it is waiting for
files which aren't there, e.g. /mnt/recordings/livetv/1001_<some
timestamp>.mpg - there are several of these entries.

Looking in /mnt/recordings/livetv:

[robert at laforge ~]$ ls -la /mnt/recordings/livetv/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 mythtv root  4096 Oct 19 20:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 mythtv root  4096 Oct 19 19:51 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv users    0 Oct 19 18:36 1010_20111019183639.mpg

Shows only one file!

Anyone got any idea why the other files are not getting written?

Cheers,

Rob