[mythtvnz] HVR-2200 Not finding channels...

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:05:24 BST 2011

Try this guide... worked for me:
http://wiki.linux.net.nz/FreeViewHDMythTvNotes

You have to tell myth roughly the frequency to scan for your local
Freeview transmitter site.

Once scanned successfully, you've got some channel editing to do (as per
the guide), including the logos (I suggest downloading the channel logo
jpg's from here:
http://www.freeviewnz.tv/tv_channels_and_listings/channels#, then
pointing each channel's icon location on your hard drive - if you web
link the logo addresses, it chokes up the interface). I also set the
xmltv ID manually. The format is, for example, tv1.freeviewnz.tv.

Hope this helps (it's mainly from memory of setting mine up).

Oh - and once you're done - here's an easy script to import the EPG data:

#! /bin/bash
wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
gunzip freeview.xml.gz
mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --update
rm freeview.xml
exit

Paste it into a text file, save it with a ".sh" extension, make it
executable (chmod +x) then run it as a daily cron task at, say, 3am and
you never need be without an up-to-date EPG!