[mythtvnz] HVR-2200 Not finding channels...

rob at webworxshop.com rob at webworxshop.com
Tue Oct 18 07:58:54 BST 2011

Hi All,

I'm having trouble finding channels with my new HVR-2200. I've followed
the instructions/experiences of members of this list in earlier threads
to get the module with the correct firmware. I now have the
/dev/dvb/adapter[1 & 2] directories populated (adapter 0 is my DVB-S
card).

In mythtv-setup I've selected 'DVB Capture Card' with device
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0, which gives me the frontend ID of: NXP
TDA10048HN DVB-T. I added the other tuner in the same manner. In video
sources I added a new source and set the listings grabber to be EIT. I
also set the channel frequency table as newzealand. In input connections
I've associated adapter1 with my new video source and tried to scan.

In the scan setting window I select the correct input, desired services
as TV, scan type Full TV and country as New Zealand. Scanning then
proceeds but each channel times out without finding anything even though
I'm getting up to 99% signal strenth on some channels.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong here as the same antenna
output works with the Freeview tuner in my TV.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,

Rob