[mythtvnz] Quick HDMI question....

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Oct 16 22:09:15 BST 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:19:34 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>After all the hardware recommendations you provided me with I went
>ahead and bought all the components on Saturday and assembled my box
>(it's very quiet!). It's yet to have an OS due to me being busy
>yesterday - that will be tonight's job.
>
>There were two things which I missed when buying my components. The
>first is that I didn't realise that IDE has completely gone the way of
>the Dodo in favour of SATA. This means another trip to pbtech tonight to
>pick up a SATA DVD drive (rather than using the IDE one I already had
>spare).

There is no need to get a SATA DVD drive unless your motherboard does
not have any IDE ports.  They usually still have one.  A SATA DVD
drive is no faster than an IDE one.  And if you are using a
motherboard with fewer SATA ports, using an old IDE DVD drive keeps an
extra one available for when you need another hard drive.