[mythtvnz] Quick HDMI question....

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:55:47 BST 2011

> The second thing is HDMI. I have a HDMI output on the graphics card I
> bought (an EVGA Nvidia 210 [0]) and the respective input on my TV. My
> question is whether a direct HDMI connection between the graphics card
> and the TV will give me audio over HDMI, or do I need a special cable?
> If this will work with just a standard cable, is there any configuration
> magic required to direct the audio to the graphics card?

As of my last install with a 220 all I had to do was unmute the channel
using alsamixer and set mythfront end to use the correct alsa device which I
think was 1,7

Much nicer having the single cable

speaker-test is helpful in working out what correct and working

Cheers

Jason Taylor

--
"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven