[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Sun Oct 9 02:57:34 BST 2011

Please note the WD "green" drives when in Raid or LVM extents mode wear out
the heads very quickly unless you flash a firmware hack.

This is a bug to the way the drives park the heads you can see it by the
increased cycle rate on drives with smartctl... I recomend that if you are
not comfortable flashing low level vendor provided firmware blobs to these
drives that you get "something else" if you intend to use them in any sort
of always on raid setup.

-JoelW