[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

rob at webworxshop.com rob at webworxshop.com
Sun Oct 9 02:35:49 BST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the hardware recommendations. For those that suggested
setting up separate back end and front end systems, unfortunately this
isn't an option at the moment as the amount of re-wiring required
probably wouldn't be appreciated by my landlords.

Based on the requirements of myth, I'm now not considering a quad core,
which will save me a considerable amount of power. The CPU I'm
considering is the AMD A6 3500 [0]. I haven't made a decision on a
motherboard yet and I'll be looking for a fanless graphics card which
can do VDPAU (it doesn't need to do much more than that). I also have a
case in mind [1].

In terms of storage, the recommended green drives have been my
preferred drive since they came out. I've always used Western Digital
drives and have never had a problem with them. I'm probably going to set
up a RAID 1 setup with 2x2TB drives just in case though.

Cheers,

Rob

[0]
http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=CPUAMD3505&name=AMD-A6-3500-X3-Core-2.1GHz-3-x-1MB-L2-Cache-Socket