[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu -- time issues (again)

AlanP alan.p at orcon.net.nz
Thu Oct 6 09:34:38 BST 2011

At 07:17 p.m. 6/10/2011, you wrote:
>Is the clock pooched, or is ntp severely confused and upsetting it?

I'm pretty sure by now that the motherboard clock is munted, and that it
confuses ntp terribly. Money to replace it, though, is not in the kitty :/

>You could call
>      ntpdate  yourlocalserver
>every short-time, but that's a dodgy hack.  Don't do it to an internet host.

Yeah, I knew about that one, but thought it terribly rude to do it.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson