[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu -- time issues (again)

AlanP alan.p at orcon.net.nz
Thu Oct 6 08:37:05 BST 2011

Okay, so I made sure to configure Mythbuntu to synchronise time with the
internet (picked a couple UK timeservers, on the basis that world time and
GMT is defined in terms of Greenwich.)

It still can't keep time worth a damn.

Not really an issue anymore (Dad is resigned to getting my sister to fix
the time (I moved out, but still fix the &*$# thing)), but the child
problem is that the remote frontend in the shed packs a poo when the time
on the frontend PC and the time on the backend PC is out. Nothing I've
tried fixes the clock on the backend, and I can't afford to replace the
motherboard and CPU.

Is there any way to get the remote frontend to ignore the time difference
and run mythfrontend anyway (preferable)? Or to get NTP to somehow slave on
a regular basis to the backend PC?

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson