[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 05:35:16 BST 2011

> Some people like to leave their systems on 24/7 but I like to save the
> planet :) so I have mine set up to power down after I log off and power
> up again when myth needs to record something.

I've never manager to get this working as I'd like.. basically if its after
say 10pm and nothing is *being recorded or played* I'd like the machine to
shutdown and then always wake up at say 8am (or earlier if required for a
recording).. this would save 10 hours of ontime a day and keep the mrs happy
about having to start the machine...

I should really have another attempt at it... it would be quite a power
saving...

Jason Taylor

-- "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely