[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card !!SOLVED!!

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Oct 4 09:11:07 BST 2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:48:57 +1300, you wrote:

>Ideally I'd have a dual PCI-e sat card, and retire the power hungry
>Technisats, but the only one I've found appears to have a closed source
>driver (not sure why its not in the kernel anyway!!)
>
>Cheers all - thanks for all the support :)

Have you looked at the TeVii DVB-S2 cards?  Their S480 is dual DVB-S2
PCIe low power, and they seem to have Linux drivers, but they may not
have made it into the kernel yet.  Available in NZ, but a little on
the expensive side.

http://www.tevii.com/Products_S480_1.asp
http://www.tevii.com/Support.asp
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/

I have never tried to use my S470 card for anything other than getting
EIT EPG, but it works for that with the current kernels.  Frequently
epgsnoop will lock up in dvbtune the first time I run it on the S470
after reboot, and I have to kill dvbtune and restart epgsnoop, so I
think it does not always load its firmware properly at boot.  It
sometimes works first try, and always on the second try.  The S480
looks to be a dual tuner version of the S470.