[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card !!SOLVED!!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Oct 4 08:48:57 BST 2011

> On 3/10/2011, at 10:00 PM, "Robin Gilks" <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>
>> Interesting that the composite input sees the svideo signal but since
>> there is no separate composite input on the card (I don't have the
>> breakout panel) thats no great loss!!
>>
> Yep. I also get the same results on composite and
> svideo.

24 hrs down the line and all working really well. As far as I can see the
svideo is at least as good as the pvr150 and the sound is only about 80ms
off rather than 140ms the old card gives.

Just debating whether to put an input group on the 1st tuner to allow a
second HD mux to be recorded if the STB is not in use. If it works as I
think where a grouped tuner takes precedence if its the only one able to
get a channel then I'll install in order
card         input      max record
hvr-2200      adapt-3      3
hvr-2200      adapt-2      3 (grouped)
technisat     adapt-0      4
hvr-2200      svideo       1 (grouped)
technisat     adapt-1      4
and use 'avoid livetv clashes' which puts livetv onto the second satellite
card.

That gives me one HD mux as first choice, 2nd HD mux if STB not in use
else fall back to SD sat card where the 2 sat cards cover all SD channels
of course!!

Ideally I'd have a dual PCI-e sat card, and retire the power hungry
Technisats, but the only one I've found appears to have a closed source
driver (not sure why its not in the kernel anyway!!)

Cheers all - thanks for all the support :)

--
Robin Gilks