[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card !!SOLVED!!

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Mon Oct 3 11:09:25 BST 2011

On 03/10/11 22:00, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Anyone an idea of the name of the digital side of the driver (if its
>> separate from the saa7164) so I can try unloading/loading so force a
>> firmware reload?

tda10048 but probably doesn't matter now you're making progress.

> Tada.....
>
> A very thorough scan of the system logs revealed the following line:
>     Oct  3 20:29:24 jupiter kernel: DVB: Unable to find symbol
> tda18271_attach()
> which indicates that the tda18271 module to control the tuner was not loaded.
>
> Despite running depmod, the dependency was not resolved so having unloaded
> saa7164, loaded tda18271 and then reloaded saa7164 everything now works -
> even the analog RF input. Not sure how to fix that across reboots - either
> frig the modules.dep file, or blacklist saa7164 and manually load it after
> the tuner module

Odd. tda18271 loads ok on my system. I see this message and others about
it in dmesg:

tveeprom 1-0000: tuner model is NXP 18271C2_716x (idx 152, type 4)

Maybe something common in your v4l2 setup is broken.

> Interesting that the composite input sees the svideo signal but since
> there is no separate composite input on the card (I don't have the
> breakout panel) thats no great loss!!

Weird. I'll see what I get on the composite input tomorrow.